The instructions below are intended for users on OTHOS TELECOM phone system ONLY, and may not be applicable for devices on other platforms. For more information on using our services, please visit our website www.voipeasy.co.za or give us a call on 021 673 6801.
There are two ways to transfer the call: Blind Transfer and Attended Transfer.
Performing a Blind Transfer
When you use a blind transfer, you transfer a call without speaking to the party to whom you’re transferring the call to. The call is automatically transferred as soon as you dial the party’s number.
1. During a call, press the TRANSFER Button;
2. Dial the extension you want to transfer to and press dial;
3. The call will be transferred;
Performing an Attended Transfer
Perform an attended transfer if you want to talk to the party to whom you’re transferring the call. Or, you can choose not to talk to the party. In this case, you wait for the party’s ring-back sound, and then transfer the call.
1. During a call, press the Att. Transfer Button. That will put the current call on hold and lead you to the dialling screen;
2. Dial the extension you want to transfer the call to and you will be able to speak to them;
3. To transfer the call at this stage, press the green transfer button and the call you be transferred;